Subject: Re: Installing Apache-PHP-Mysql & other related apache modules
To: dkwok <dkwok@iware.com.au>
From: mackstann <mack@incise.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/20/2003 16:33:33
On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 09:28:57AM +1100, dkwok wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running NetBSD-1.5.3 for setting some web services.
>
> I have install Apache-1.3.27 with mdo ssl. I also have install PHP4.2.3
> and Mysql 3.23.49. Plus other Web related application, like gd, curl,
> regex etc.
>
> The ap and php seems to work however it does not connect to mysql server.
>
> Is there any sequence (dependence) to follow in installing these web
> services? Has anyone done a how to for this? I have check out phpinfo()
> and found that --without-mysql has been used for compilation. Howeve I
> have repeatedly install php-mysql-4.2.3 with no avail.
>
> Any suggestion is welcome.

Is mysql running ok?  Can you connect to it with the command line client
or by any other method?

On the phpinfo page, it should list what modules are loaded, does it
list mysql?  is "extension=mysql.so" in your php.ini?  Any errors in
error_log?

Do the you get "no such function" errors when trying to use php mysql
functions, or do they just fail to connect to mysql?

--
transmission complete | mackatincise.org | fortune@16:00 CST:
If God had intended Men to Smoke, He would have put Chimneys in their Heads.