Subject: Re: SSH on NetBSD 1.5.2, authentication slow?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/13/2003 21:25:52
That's slower than my Sparc 2 by a good by (and across country!).
3 seconds to a prompt for password, 3-4 seconds to get in after <RETURN>

While I'm aware that RISC kicks Pentium's butt, my 30MHz box should
not be faster than your fancy new rich kid one :)

Quoting Gerald C. Simmons (simmons@darykon.cet.com):