Subject: building libqssl?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/12/2003 13:26:54
Does anyone know enough of the qt development environment to tell me
how to build qssl?  The instructions say 'use qmake', then 'make', and
if it doesn't work there's a problem with your qt development
environment.  Well, I found qt (in /usr/X11R6/qt3/bi), and figured out
that I had to set QMAKESPEC, but now it can't find assorted include
files.  Is there some magic option I should give it to make it generate
-I/usr/X11R6/qt3/include?  (Plus, of course, whatever I run into next?)

I could step back, I suppose, and state that my real goal is to build
'psi' (which is in pkgsrc) with SSL support.  This is the sort of
annoyance that makes you really appreciate the effort so many people
have put into the package system...