Subject: changing default network interfaces
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Felix Zaslavskiy <felix@students.poly.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/10/2003 12:16:39
I was just wondering .
I recently stuck a cardbus NIC someone game me and it was configured as
xi0 in addition to the other NIC i already had.

What i wanted to do was to switch the default interface from my othen
NIC to the one i just inserted.
So the nic i wanted to switch from is ex0 and i wanted to switch to
using xi0
 i already had ex0 configutred on the network , This is what i did
ifconfig ex0 down
route flush
ifconfig xi0 up
dhclient xi0

I thought this would do the trick but after doing netstat -r i had
something like this
192.168.0.0  default     Iface ex0

After rebooting the xi0 was used correctly.
What did i miss ? How can i do it without rebooting ? man pages for
route dont seem to say anything about intefaces