Subject: reading fat32 from laptop boot floppy
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: matt wong <mew20@columbia.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/07/2003 17:21:31
hi all,

I am forced to use windows for school, and of course, it completely crashed
yesterday. having installed netbsd at home, it seems to be the best way for
me to recover my lost data (which is visible in the FAT32 hard drive-- but
I can only access that drive via floppy) is to have a boot floppy that can
load my network card AND can access the fat32 files, so I can ftp them out
(I backed up a few weeks ago... I know, should do it more often...)

the netbsd floppy boot disks load the network card; however, I don't know
how to get them to read the fat32 files, though I know that a full netbsd
installation could do that. is there any way to get this functionality on
the floppy boot disks?

thanks.
   -Matt