Subject: Re: Playing with ELF
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd@quatriemek.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/06/2003 12:13:17
Le Thu, 6 Mar 2003 08:52:00 +0000
David Laight a écrit :
> > To make a long story short, I want to edit NVidia's libGL.so.1 to add
> > a dependancy on libpthread.so
>
> Won't an entry in /etc/ld.so.conf do what you want?

Indeed, that way it works well.

Though...

> > (for the __error symbol, binary-editing it to __errno is fine).
> Did you remember to fixup the hash chains?

... you have another point. The problem is, that could lead to the same
kind of issues I had last night, in case the hash table size increase. I
didn't have error about __errno until now, but it's better to be safe.

It would be great to simply patch libGL.so.1 since then it wouldn't
require anything more to run programs, but the ld.so hint is good enough
for now.

Thanks!

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.