Subject: Re: Printing with lpr
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: ianm <ianm@cat.co.za>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/26/2003 10:33:58
Hi

Thanks for all the help ( I did mean netBSD 1.6.1, lazy typing :-) ).

Turns out I was starting the lpd with the '-s' option. So I have now made
certain the daemon starts without
the '-s' option. Unfortunately a new problem has arisen. When I check the
printer queue with lpq on box A
( the setup is box A trying to print to a printer on box B), I get the error
message,

lpd: Host name for your address ('my_ip') unknown

So I thought that should be fixable. I checked my /etc/rc.conf file and the
hostname was filled in there.
 I then checked my /etc/myname and the name there matched the hostname in
the /etc/rc.conf file.
Typing 'hostname' in the prompt gave me the correct hostname I expected.
All these made no difference, I still got the error message.

I checked the hosts.lpd and hosts.equiv on box B (the one with the printer).
It had the hostname of A in it.

I am now stuck for options and so have to ask for assistance again. What
else can I check to get the setup to work?
My /etc/printcap file remains the same as below.

Again any suggestions and help is much appreciated.

Ian