Subject: Re: Audio problems...
To: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/23/2003 02:58:50
On Fri Feb 21 2003 at 12:17:19 -0500, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> > > 2) Are there any soundcards that NetBSD suppots hardware mixing on?
> >
> > Mixing of different sources?  Yes.
>
> Can you give me an example?  The emuxki driver only allows one app at a
> time to access /dev/audio...  The yds driver only allows one app at a time
> to access /dev/audio.  Cards which use the eap driver don't support
> hardware mixing at all (though you're right that the quality for playback
> and recording is quite good).

eap-class cards have two physical DACs, and if you define options
EAP_USE_BOTH_DACS in your kernel config, the driver will attach two
audio interfaces which can be used for playback simultaneously.

A similar trick is possible with the esa driver.

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/