Subject: Re: OpenBSD vs. MicroBSD...
To: Sean J. Schluntz <schluntz@workofstone.com>
From: Andrew Basterfield <bob@cemetery.homeunix.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2003 17:15:30
--=.seh(2L79)GpY?v

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003 00:41:25 -0800
"Sean J. Schluntz" <schluntz@greywolf.workofstone.net> wrote:

> I liked the idea of their idea of the stripped down system.
> Unfortunatly Outback Dingo (the project lead) decided not to pay me
> for some equipment I shipped to him so he and the whole project lost
> credibility in my eyes months ago. (Easer to trust a project when the
> leased isn't a crook).

I think if you want to fork a project you need to take it in a different
direction from the original. Their direction was also security, and if
they were to become a success they needed to do it better than OpenBSD,
and that means an even more hard-line approach to things. They just
didn't have the reputability, and that comes down to the actions and
behaviour of the developers.

If they rip people off and mess with copyrights, should I trust the
code?

--Andrew

--=.seh(2L79)GpY?v

--=.seh(2L79)GpY?v--