Subject: Re: X and netbsd.org weirdness
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Biere <christianbiere@gmx.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/20/2003 04:12:10
--=.VqoM9Y+(g:.qjQ

Rob Becker <becker@kamala.ath.cx> wrote:
> Nope, I really think this is a hard lock up. Do you think fiddling
> with the acpi/apm bits in the bios could help?

If you have any options concerning enabling/disabling apm/acpi or a
so-called keyboard powerhook feature, I would give it a try. I don't
know but maybe you have some apm/acpi incompatible device consuming too
much power. Just a guess, though.

> BTW, what is your mtu?

As I'm using PPPoE without any router I'd use a MTU of 1492. However,
this caused connection problem with netbsd.org. IIRC, the server wanted
to use a MSS of 1460. I've set net.inet.tcp.mss_ifmtu = 1 but it didn't
help. Now, with the MTU for pppoe0 set to 1454, I have no
connections problems any longer. Originally, I wanted to set it to
1454 (=1492-40). Anyway, 1484 (=1492-8) should work as well. ATM, 1492
works. Maybe because I'm using a kernel without IPv6 support.

Christian

--=.VqoM9Y+(g:.qjQ

--=.VqoM9Y+(g:.qjQ--