Subject: Re: FTPD: disallowing concurrent connections from same IP
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/19/2003 01:00:32
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 01:47:37AM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> "John Maier" <jmaier@midamerica.net> writes:
> > I have a anonymous FTP and I know I can limit transfer rates, number of
> > connections by group, but is there a way to stop people from making
> > concurrent connections from the same IP?
>
> Use the class facility and the "limit" facility in ftpd.conf
>
> Man ftpd.conf for details.
>
> I am surprised all sorts of people are recommending non-built in FTP
> daemons when ours does all the same stuff.

'cuz it doesn't. We want to limit the number of concurrent connections
from the same IP address. NetBSD's ftpd will let you limit the number
of concurrent anonymous connections, but that's not the same thing.
I want to allow as as many connections as possible, and they can use
as much bandwidth as they want, but I want to allow only two
simultaneous connections from a single IP. Got an example ftpd.conf
that'll do that?
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 27 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++