Subject: Help to install NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: James Buchanan <jamesbuch@iprimus.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2003 23:07:32
Hello list,

I need to get rid of Windows tonight and install NetBSD (so preserving
partitions isn't a problem at all.)  What is a problem for me is the
hard disk:  if I am greeted with something like setting my disk's
geometry, (I have a Seagate Barracuda 40GB HDD) what do I do, in terms
of cylinders, heads, tracks and sectors?

Also, I only have the first CD of NetBSD.  I need the basic NetBSD
system, with GCC, basic X setup (afterstep is my favourite), printing
support (CUPS), SoundBlaster Audigy 5.1 card support, Xfree86 3.6 +,
Emacs, mail programme (mutt will do), and a D-Link DSL200 USB ADSL
modem.  Is all the software I need on the first CD-ROM?

Does anyone have any tips for me? :-)

Thanks,
James