Subject: Re: CUPS and lpt0
To: BETO <beto@bonbon.net>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/04/2003 10:54:05
On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:48:40AM -0500, BETO wrote:

> I  installed in my machine cups on rc.d and it is cupsd=YES, but when i
> hit lpinf -v I cannot find the lpt0, cups needs openslp,but i don't know
> what to do to make this work.

It's easiest to set up your printer using the web interface at:

	http://localhost:631/

That URL should be accessible if cupsd is running on your localhost.
Since your printer is connected to your parallel port, I'm guessing that
you want your printer URI to be:

	parallel:/dev/lpt0

There's more help available from the "CUPS Software Administrators Manual"
which you may find either from the "Help" panel from the web interface or
from:

	http://www.cups.org/sam.html

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>