Subject: Re: ISDN sniff
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/31/2002 11:46:08

> On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 11:35:12AM +0200, Jukka Marin wrote:
>
> > You can only "hear" one direction of the phone conversion because the ISDN
> > S bus has separate separate signals for transmit and receive data.
>
> With two (passive) cards and a special cable you can do that.
> See isdntrace(8) and look for -a.
>
> I've used a laptop with two pcmcia cards to sniff my test machine
> talking to the exchange while debugging ISDN code a lot.
>
> Martin

sounds really cool!

the question is - can i install ISDN software on 1.5.4 system ?

i heard it's named isdn4bsd and can be downloaded.

if so - all i need is to choose and buy hardware.

are some recommended for NetBSD?

i need cheap hardware that doesn't do much else (i have leased line modem
for internet connectivity).

does 2-port card exist?

if not - this will wait until i'll buy new machine. this hasn't enough PCI
slots