Subject: Re: telnetd core
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/29/2002 23:11:17
It would indicate that someone with malicious intent is
able to access your machine well enough to run the exploit.
Considering how very dangerous non-kerberized, clear telnet
is, perhaps this is fair warning to block 22 at your router
and, if it's coming from inside, just stop it altogether.

sshd is a lovely replacement for telnetd - available on all
platforms that I have used (Mac, Win, VMS and Unix).

Quoting Wojciech Puchar (wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net):