Subject: Re: PXE boot
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20021227T140310@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/27/2002 14:11:03
deichert@wrench.com (Diana Eichert) writes:
> I decided to tryout the PXE boot stuff on a small format system that I
> have.  Keep in mind that this system has NO PS2 mouse or keyboard, only
> USB.  I have enabled USB legacy support in the BIOS.  The messages
> I get when I boot my system are:
> Keyboard Detected,
> USB Legacy Enabled

I see this bios lossage on certain Intel-made mobos too (eg. Intel
AL440LX).  The bios claims to support "legacy kbd mode", but doesn't.
Either a "YES" or a "NO" setting to legacy mode leaves the keyboard
totally dead until the netbsd kernel finishes the USB setup.  This is
particularly annoying when trying to change bios settings.  One
essentially has to steal a ps/2 kbd and hook it up instead of the USB
one, make the bios setting changes power off and switch back to the
USB one.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/

spider food: http://www.wsrcc.com/baddream/usenet/
(NOTE: The email address above is valid.  Edit it at your own peril.)