Subject: Anybody using ntop2 on NetBSD?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@criticalpath.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/26/2002 22:11:29
I've been able to build and install the net/ntop2 package on two different
NetBSD machines (i386-1.5.2 and macppc-1.6F), but I can't get it to work on
either one.

Connecting to the web interface on either machine yields no response.  (I
can see the http request and a tcp ACK, but no data ever comes back.)
Nothing goes to stdout or ntop's http access log on connection attempts,
even with logging cranked all the way up.

'intop' works on the i386 machine, but on the macppc machine it always dumps
core.

The version of ntop2 in pkgsrc is a bit stale (2.1, while the latest on
sourceforge is 2.1.3 (stable) / 2.1.53 (development)).  I don't know if this
matters.

I've tried grabbing the latest version from their (ntop.org) cvs, but I ran
into build problems that look non-trivial.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-- monroe
Monroe Williams                                  monroe@criticalpath.com