Subject: Re: UPS packages with USB support?
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/24/2002 01:55:46
> (I ask because I need to buy a couple of UPSs
> >soon, and the serial cable used by the UPSs is, to say the least,
> >funky.)

All those I bought new came with a proper cable ;-)

Anyway, IIRC nullmodem.com had the proper pinout when I needed to make myself
one (for a sun with two serial ports on one connector).

> The APC software allows the possibility of a "master" UPS system.

I use this with ups-nut; apcupsd had some network mode, but configuration
was so ... strange I stoped trying.

Sorry, no idea if the linux usb support for any of those packets works with
NetBSD - if not it should be easy to fix, I suppose.

Martin