Subject: Re: rebuilding bonobo?
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/22/2002 10:36:42
On Sun, Dec 22, 2002 at 08:47:01AM -0500, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> Hmm -- I tried deleting freetype2.  Nothing depended on it, but I still
> can't build bonobo.  (I still have freetype-lib installed, but several
> other packages depend on it, and I really need those and don't want to
> risk their unavailability if I have build problems.)

Can you grep /usr/pkg/lib/*.la for "libfreetype.la"?  It's likely that
one of the installed libtool archives references libfreetype.la, which is
causing your breakage even if freetype2 is uninstalled.  I also notice
that Bill Sommerfield submitted a PR today with the same complaint.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@jgrind.org>