Subject: Re: cdrom/floppy firewall based on netbsd
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/19/2002 12:26:38
There are several efforts.  I run Soekris boxes for a couple
firewalls/NAT boxes.  Compact Flash, posible to get down to
8MB if you are hardcore and don't need much, 32MB is easy.
You don't need "rescue" stuff in an embedded type box (pull
the CF, stick it in a real machine, heal it.

Being "safe" by using slow, unreliable floppys or CDs
seems silly and counterproductive for most uses.

CF worked from 8MB up to 256 and 512 (and 1GB if you
want a warm little drive).

Quoting vodka@intoxicate.us (vodka@intoxicate.us):