Subject: Re: Recommendation on laptops, notebooks or portables for NetBSD.
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org, netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/17/2002 20:01:26
>>>>> "John" == John Fisher <jdf@rse.com> writes:

John> And I would like to know if there is anyone that just bought a
John> brand spanking new laptop, notebook or portable and is running
John> NetBSD on it.  How do you like it.  What's the make and model,
John> and the things you got on it?  Is everything working?  What
John> isn't working?

I've a Dell Inspiron 2500 and it works well with NetBSD (as well as
with Linux and the two other BSD). New Dell models should work, too,
except for the crapy winmodem they put in it... Don't know for the
build in netword adaptor, but it should be ok as it's a RealTek chip.

If i had to buy a laptop, now, i would seriously consider new Apple
models (iBook models, as my wallet would'nt support
Powerbooks...). They're really cute ;-)

--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1343591738 secondes