Subject: netbsd-users Re OT question on disk drive repair-recovery
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: tayyeb shah <tayyeb3@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/14/2002 10:09:42
Subject: Re: OT: question on disk drive repair/recovery=0D
To: netbsd-users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>=0D
From: tayyeb shah<tayyeb3@hotmail.com>=0D
List: netbsd-users=0D
Date: 12/14/2002 16:49:29 =0D
John Clark wrote:=0D
> However,=0D
> one 'cheap'=0D
> trick is to get an identical model, replace the circuit board of the =0D
> dead drive=0D
> with that of the 'working',  and see if the drive motors, read/write =0D
> head assembly,=0D
> etc are intact. It is important to match the circuit boards as they =0D
> change even=0D
> though the drive 'model' number stays the same...=0D
> i have badcluster in my hard drive. pls send some software about this h=
ard
drive=0D
so I need to look for a Western Digital Caviar 12100 drive that's =0D
physically identical to this one. Well, that's something to work =0D
on. Thanks.=0D
=0D
-- =0D
tayyeb shah=0D
8040 27th Ave NE=0D
Seattle WA 98115=0D
206 529 8400=0D
=0D
Acquaintance, n.:=0D
A person whom we know well enough to borrow from, but not well=0D
enough to lend to.=0D
-- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"=0D
=0D