Subject: Re: ALTQ newbie question
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 12/14/2002 15:40:23
> > > is it possible to limit INCOMING traffic somewhat on interface?
> >
> > Yeah, I believe so. When the traffic's coming in too fast, ALTQ will
> > drop packets, which is effectivly the same as not having that fast a link
> > in the first place. I've been doing it reasonably well on my house's
> > ADSL connection so that ssl et al are usable when people are downloading
> > lots and lots of stuff.
>
> It would be better for it to sit on the outgoing acks for that
> connection.

unfortunately it's not possible as i want to limit incoming traffic to
machine where no other machines are on route....

sounds strange but it's the only way to prevent huge packet loss on
wireless access points/bridges in point to multipoint configuration where
everybody sees only master antenna and not others. works all fine when
traffic TO master AP (and so - server) is small