Subject: seeking quiet, low-cost NetBSD server appliance
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David W. Talmage <talmage@madison.onespeeddave.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/22/2002 14:54:37
I'm seeking recommendations for a quiet, inexpensive {file, print,
dhcp} server that I can stick in a closet and forget about.  I'd like
it to run NetBSD.  I'd like it to have 10/100 Ethernet.  My budget is
about $200, not including hard drives.

It would be OK if the thing doesn't have any internal disks as long as
it could read from a spare USB2 hard drive that I have.

I'm considering a Cobalt Qube 2.  They're available on EBay for
between $200 and $300.

I've also considered the Toshiba Magnia SG10.  I've found it for about
$200 mail order.  It requires those 2.5-inch drives.  I don't think
they run NetBSD.  I think it's Linux.