To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/14/2002 23:01:46
(This isn't really a NetBSD technical question, so I guess netbsd-users
kind of makes sense rather than netbsd-help.  (^&)

Years ago, I recall downloading *text* copies of the NetBSD mailing list
archives.  I'd like to do that again so that I can use dear old grep to
search for topics.  Alas, the archives are not to be found on
ftp.netbsd.org, and mail-index.netbsd.org refuses FTP connects.  (The web
interface, of course is nice; it's how I read the NetBSD lists.  But for
searching (via regular expressions or some other pattern language), I'd
rather have the text archives encoded onto the rust on my *own*
mylar/ceramic/whatever rotating platters.  (^&)

Are the archives just no longer available in that manner, or am I looking
in the wrong spot?

Thanks in advance.