Subject: Re: Cups authentication
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/14/2002 00:36:42
>>>>> "Julio" == Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net> writes:

Julio> I haven't touched the configuration file, though tried to
Julio> enable this line with no luck :(

I remember i've had the same problem and ask for a solution... Never
get one, so by disabling the authentification in the config file,
i've finally succeeded to access to the web interface and configure
my printer.

When i came to Samba config, i never succeeded to make it run with
cups, despite of various configs found on webpages related to Samba
and Cups.

I've finally nuke cups from my system, and concluded it doesn't work
properly with NetBSD... at least with the current package default
config. It's a pity as my HP DJ 5550 is under-exploited with lpd.

Julio> IMHO, cups should just run out of the box.

That's my opinion, too.
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1340670546 secondes