Subject: Re: "upgrading" pkgsrc with lower version?
To: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@chemi.muni.cz>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2002 15:10:48
Hi !

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> just to clear the question now:
> i have pkgsrc from /pub/NetBSD-current/tar_files/pkgsrc.tar.gz (newer,
> not functional)
> if i remove the usr/pkgsrc and untar there file from
> /pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/source/sets/pkgsrc.tgz (older but functional version)
> will it work? do i have to do make update?

Uhm... just try it :) As my recommendation:
go to the package you want as a normal user, and do "make patch". If no
dependencies are needed, you don't need any make update. You can then do
"make", deinstall the package, and as root do the "make install" or "make
package".

> btw, which manual would you recommend me to get some information about CVS?

Just enter "info cvs" :)

I found a cvs quick introducion a while ago in the web, but i don't have a
pointer handy. You may want to consult google.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX