Subject: Re: "upgrading" pkgsrc with lower version?
To: Lubos Vrbka <shnek@chemi.muni.cz>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/13/2002 14:04:04
Hi !

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, Lubos Vrbka wrote:
> cvs checkout -D 27-Jun-2002 pkgsrc/audio will get me just pkgsrc/audio
> directory? (i've never used cvs before) will it delete directories that
> are present on the harddrive but not included in the sets being
> downloaded by cvs?

Never tried this, but this might also help to avoid the dependency problem.

> i.e. - i download the desired pkgsrc.tgz and replace existing
> /usr/pkgsrc tree with the "new" one, right? just wondering whether i
> should do make update...

no, make update is to update packages, maybe too much will be recompiled if you
do this in pkgsrc root directory.

checking out pkgsrc/audio and replacing the pkgsrc path with the output _can_
help, but on the other hand, dependencies might get broken.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX