Subject: Re: Cups authentication
To: Julio Merino <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/12/2002 03:30:39
On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 11:47:39AM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:

> I've just installed the latest cups together with ghostscript-esp. I start
> the cupsd daemon and the slpd one (installed as a dependancy) but I can't
> log in to configure it.

You don't actually need to install start slpd to run cupsd.  I don't use
it in my own setup.

> I go to http://localhost:631/admin and it asks me for a user/password.
> I try with root but it does not allow the access. I remember it worked fine
> some time ago (probably a previous version).

That is odd.  The relevant group for CUPS administration is "sys", and
"root" should be a member of "sys" in the default NetBSD installation.
Is this what you have in your setup?

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>