Subject: Optimizing for space and Phoenix binary
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Leonardo Boiko <leoboiko@linuxbr.com.br>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/07/2002 21:13:06
Hello. I'm a brazilian CS student and Debian user who has been flirting with
NetBSD for some time. I'm impressed with the minimalism, consistency and
good documentation of the system. I was in the process of building a cheap
computer with spare parts to play with NetBSD; my goal was to finish it before
my Operating Systems course next year, so I could study the code.
But my main hard disk failed, so I had to take the spare 1GB HD to my main
workstation. Since this space is too little for Debian, I decided to run NetBSD
right now.

I installed and configured everything successfully, and I'm very
happy with the OS, but I'm short of disk space. I'd like to hear any
considerations and tips about optimizing space; links to reading
material are welcome.

I can't compile the Phoenix browser because it needs a lot of Mozilla
sources, so I'm stick with phoenix-linux. Is someone working in a phoenix
precompiled package?

--
Leonardo Boiko
"Doko ni datte... hito wa tsunagatte iru."