Subject: [OT?] Remote debugging
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: ali \(Anders Lindgren\) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 11/05/2002 16:53:16
Has anyone used GDB for remote debugging? I have implemented
a gdb stub in an embedded target, gone to lengths to support
breakpoint commands and multithread-support commands, just to
discover that gdb (including 5.2.1) behaves not only like a
fscking moron, but *non-deterministic* on top of that.

In short: when my target hits a breakpoint, gdb removes the
breakpoint, but keeps it marked as "keep" in "info breakpoints".
Setting a thread-specific breakpoint with "thread apply..."
usually, but not always, results in gdb not sending any breakpoint
command at all. Then again, setting new breakpoints sometimes
results in gdb (correctly) re-setting the original breakpoint
that caused the target to stop. Gdb seems confused when used
with a remote target. Very confused. Does anyone recognize this
problem?

--
/ali
:wq