Subject: Building mozilla: tips wanted
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bryan P <u1@terran.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/11/2002 17:37:47
Hello,

I am attempting to build mozilla from CVS on a NetBSD-1.6/i386 machine.
I'm having trouble getting past the configuration part because of all the
extra packages I need.  I paused to compose this email at the point where
I tried to install libIDL.  It appears that libIDL has dependencies on
glib2 and ptl packages.  I've already had to install glib1 and pth for
mozilla dependencies - do I really need two versions of glib and two
different threading libraries just to configure mozilla?  I next looked for
a mozilla package and didn't find one, so I'm beginning to think it really
is this much of a pain to build it.  Any tips on a slimmer BSD-friendly
mozilla build would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
--
-Bryan