Subject: Re: The best ever
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/08/2002 09:50:43
On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 01:27:43AM -0400, Joshua Lee wrote:
> Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> >That's not a solution.  If you need to do 3D work on an Intel/AMD
> >system right now, nVidia is about the only game in town for the free
> >UNIX systems.
>
> What about ATI and Matrox?

What about them?  Last time I used either, the drivers were pretty slow,
and there was no 3D acceleration.

I had a half-working Mesa setup on a Matrox, but it was never very smooth.

With Linux and nVidia, it just works.  I hate that because we need
more alternatives for video cards (I like ATI Radeons better myself),
and I hate to see this Linux-only stuff starting.  It's as bad as the
Windows-only situation to me.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com