Subject: Re: USB -> PS/2: does it work?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 10/02/2002 18:04:15
On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 11:34:32AM -0500, Richard Rauch wrote:
> Re. http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2002/10/02/0000.html
>
> I can't comment about a general adaptor.  However, I have a keyboard that
> works either as USB or plugs into a USB<->PS/2-keyboard adaptor (which
> shipped with the keyboard).  This works for me.

That works because the keyboard can tell whether it is being sent
PS/2 data or USB data.  Thus you only need a 'mechanical' adapter.

I very much doubt as to whether anyone actually makes a USB to
serial converter that would let you plug an old 'non USB aware'
PS/2 keyboard into a USB socket.
In any case it would be cheaper to buy a USB keyboard...

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk