Subject: Re: RAIDframe error recovery procedures.....
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/11/2002 18:17:08
[ On Monday, September 9, 2002 at 16:00:49 (-0600), Greg Oster wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: RAIDframe error recovery procedures.....
>
> Greg A. Woods writes:
> > I have a RAIDframe device in the following state.  I believe sd11d will
> > come back A-OK after a reboot.  If so how do I recover it to "normal"
> > state in RAIDframe?
>
> Reboot.  sd11d should still show up in the RAID set as being 'failed'.
> Then do:
>
>  raidctl -R /dev/sd11d raid0
>
> That's the simplest.  ('-R' == rebuild-in-place.)

Well, that did eventually work.  :-)

Seems the errors were due to a poor connection on the bus (or possibly a
poor power connection to one half of the chassis.  The proof will
probably come when it survives the nightly /etc/daily runs....

In figuring all this out I ended up with a raidframe panic during the
first attempted reconstruction, and then a problem when the "used_spare"
also encountered similar errors, but would not fail either automatically
or with "raidctl -f".

I'll post full details on the panic and the failure to fail later....

--
								Greg A. Woods