Subject: Network trouble....
To: 'netbsd-users@netbsd.org' <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Marechal, Laurent <lmarechal@rational.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2002 20:00:14
Hi,

I have setup a new BSD machine. All is running but I still have problem to
connect to the network.

At boot time, the NIC is found and with DHCP it get an IP. Everything is
fine during areound 10/15 minutes then it lost the name resolutions.

A ping with IP is working but a ping with name return:
     ping: Cannot resolve "XXXXX" (Host name lookup failure)

A reboot not always solve the problem.

The dhclient.conf is this one:

interface "le0" {
           send host-name "maiko.xxxxxxx.xx";
           request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
                domain-name, domain-name-servers;
           require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
       }

interface "le1" {
           send host-name "maikolocal";
           request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
                domain-name, domain-name-servers;
           require subnet-mask, domain-name-servers;
       }

dmesg for the NIC:

# dmesg | grep le0
le0 at pci0 dev 16 function 0: PCnet-PCI Ethernet
le0: address 00:50:56:54:a8:ae
le0: 8 receive buffers, 2 transmit buffers
le0: interrupting at irq 9
# dmesg | grep le1
le1 at pci0 dev 17 function 0: PCnet-PCI Ethernet
le1: address 00:50:56:e9:0c:d3
le1: 8 receive buffers, 2 transmit buffers
le1: interrupting at irq 11

Where should I start looking ?

Thanks

Laurent\