Subject: USB Mouse Problems/Recomendations
To: Netbsd-Users \(E-mail\) <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rose, Brian <Brian.Rose@icn.siemens.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2002 13:41:26
I have a Sony laptop with a Logitech USB mouse plugged in. The problem is,
NetBSD does not work with it. When the mouse is plugged in, I get the
following messages...

uhub0: port error, restarting port 2
uhub0: device problem, disabling port 2

Is this a problem with the Logitech mouse? I do not have any other USB
devices to test out the port. Can anyone recommend a
known-working-with-NetBSD optical USB mouse? I'm getting CTS using the
friggin mousepad (No PS2 ports).

The usual info
----------------
NetBSD 1.6E ( August 9 build )
Sony FXA32 notebook
  VIA VT83C572 USB controller (UHCI0, UHCI1)
  VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

Logitech mini-mouse : PN 830397-0000

Thanks in advance.

Brian Rose
Brian dot Rose at icn dot siemens dot com
407-942-6934
If you hold a Unix shell to your ear, do you hear the C?