Subject: Re: Starting Browsers
To: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2002 11:13:57
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Markus W Kilbinger wrote:

>   galeon-config-tool --install-schemas
>   galeon-config-tool --fix-gconf-permissions

Is this supposed to be run as root? If I do either of these as myself,
I get lots of error messages. As root, the first works, but the second
gives me "kilall: not found".

And what the heck is this (apparently undocumented) gconfd thing anyway?

This has gotten to the point where obviously galeon is going to come with
a lot of extra baggage I really don't want on my system, so I'm probably
just going to remove it all.

Anybody got any suggestions for a reasonably fast, light-weight
web browser with good rendering, that work also render Japanese
well? I've been trying to replace Netscape 4.78 for ages, but I
can't seem to find anything else with half its capabilities that
isn't a bloated pig.

cjs