Subject: Starting Browsers
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2002 07:39:39
I just installed the galeon package, but when I try to start it, it pops up
a dialogue box that says

    Cannot find a schema for galeon preferences. Check your gconf setup,
    look at galeon FAQ for more info.

and on stdout it prints

    GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server (a likely
    cause of this is that you have an existing configuration server
    (gconfd) running, but it isn't reachable from here - if you're
    logged in from two machines at once, you may need to enable
    TCP networking for ORBit)

Unfortunately, while I can get the FAQ questions page from sourceforge,
I can't seem to access any of the answers.

Anybody got a simple solution to this problem?

Also, just lately, when I start mozilla-1.1, it seems to start up ok, but
no longer opens a window. Ps says it's running, and not using CPU time,
but the window isn't there. Does anybody have any idea why this might be
happening? Mozilla used to work, and the only obvious change I can think of
that might have affected it is installing galeon.

cjs