Subject: Re: Automatically starting programs...
To: Richard Grace <rgrace@aapt.com.au>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/12/2002 21:47:52
And I'm a huge fan of having config files and all startups
guided by /etc/.

I HATE having to hunt around the disk to figure out why
that old version of pwcheck (whatever) keeps coming up.

So I'm hardcore that config files go in /etc/ (presume /usr/ and
down are shared between many machines; and are read only).
rc stuff?  I'll take /etc/rc.pkg.d/ or or /etc/rc.local.d/ over
/usr/BLAH/etc/rc.d/

Quoting Richard Grace (rgrace@aapt.com.au):