Subject: Re: very big file copy from 1 machine to N machines
To: None <muc-lists-netbsd-users@moderators.muc.de>
From: Michael Core <520079546242-0001@t-online.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/03/2002 15:14:28
manu@netbsd.org (Emmanuel Dreyfus) wrote:

> I need to copy several gigabytes from a device file (it's a disk
> partition) to a pool of machines on the same ethernet network.

What's the topology of your network? You could just install a little
tool to download and forward the received file on every machine. This way
the server would upload the file only to those clients which are seperated
from each other and a few neighbours which then would do the rest of the
work. Depending on the topology you might even want to use a broadcast
address from some points so that you only have to send the file once
(plus retransmits due to errors).

--
Michael