Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.5.3... Where is the installation CD image?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel Cox <dcox@microbits.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/26/2002 11:33:46
It is easy to make your own bootable CD image if you cannot find a =
downloadable ISO.

Download  the following from your local mirror into a directory.
/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.3/i386/binary/sets/*
/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.5.3/i386/installation/floppy/boot-big.fs

With mkisofs, cdrecord tools installed (all one line):
mkisofs -c boot.catalog -b boot-big.fs -v -r -T . |  cdrecord -v dev=3D/dev=
/rcd0d speed=3D8 -waiti -

Make sure to tell the installation that the directory containing sets is =
in the root of the CD - unless of course you layout the structure properly =
first.

>>> Steve Brown <netbsd@prayforwind.com> 07/26/02 10:35 AM >>>
Hi there,

I'm all set to try NetBSD (I'm new to this), so I need the install CD =
image.=20
(i386). Anyone know where it is?

Thanks, Steve