Subject: Cable Setting : Jumper Settings
To: netbsd <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <linuxhelpin@yahoo.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/14/2002 19:08:56
I use a Seagate Hard Disk and my friend uses a Samsung Hard Disk . On
the Samsung Hard Disk,
the Jumper settings indicated positions for Master , Slave and 'Cable
Settings' .
 - What is this 'Cable Settings' for which there is a jumper setting ?

The notes above indicated jumper settings for 1. Upto 32 GB  2. Above 32
GB  3. 32 GB Clip
 - What is this 32 GB Clip ?

My friend tried to make his Samsung Hard Disk as Slave and mine
(Seagate) as Master ,
but for some reason this did not materialise .
 - What could the reason be ? (actually I was not present at the time he
did this).

Thanks,
Shyam