Subject: Re: trailing commas in GECOS field with chfn
To: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/11/2002 19:33:29
The GECOS format (aka GCOS) has been well defined for several
DECADES (well more than 25 years).  If your mail tool doesn't
handle it right, then I gotta think the problem lies there.

I've had unix accounts with GCOS entries for an excessively
long time.  Never have I had a problem with MUA's (or MTAs)
"leaking" extra info.

Quoting Andrew Brown (atatat@atatdot.net):