Subject: Re: Denying one user telnet
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Shyam=20Kumar=20Mangayil?= <linuxhelpin@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/08/2002 15:09:44
Hi !

On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Shyam Kumar Mangayil wrote:
> I am hosting a couple of sites at my server , and my style is by creating a username - password for every client that I host : Some may have to be denied telnet , others ftp .
>
> How do I deny a user (say user xyz , that I assossiate with xyz.com ) , from telnet ?

FTP is easier to block, see /etc/ftpusers. In telnet, you have no real chance,
you could have a closer look at PAM, or maybe delegate, which is capable to
filter such requests.

Another possibility: Use ssh, there you can use the AllowUsers option.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX