Subject: Re: 10/100 Ethernet for ISA?
To: Gary Montcalm <garym@shreve.net>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/05/2002 11:22:23
3C590, I believe is 100.  I'd take a guess that your
slowness will be network and disk access.  Otoh, I've
been tossing boxes that are faster than this cause they
just use too much power and aren't useful anymore.
(my NeXT cube will alway be around, but that P/60 is
hardly a collector's item).

I just tossed down ~ US$180 for a new Mobo that came with an
Athalon AND got 256MB of RAM for it.  Built in NIC works fine
(thank you Mr Degler).

One might suggest that a couple hours fighting the 486 costs
more than picking up/building a cheap new machine?

Quoting Gary Montcalm (garym@shreve.net):