Subject: Re: NeverWinter Nights on NetBSD under Linux emulation..
To: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
From: None <sudog@sudog.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/30/2002 10:10:43
> > I would like to hear more about this, possibly to include it on our
> > website (in the gallery section).  Do you think you could write a short
> > summary of what you had to do to get it to run and maybe take one or two
> > screenshots?
>
> I think NWN is only available for Linux as a host server.  You
> can't actually play the game on Linux, only host games.
>
> I'd love to be wrong about that, but when I went to their web site
> I didn't see anything about a Linux "client".

This is correct. The Linux client is running late but they are working
on it. They released the server as a stop-gap to try to assuage their
(rather vocal, and extremely annoying, righteous, and indignant, but
still minority) Linux user base.

"I only run Linux, and I bought the game because I expected there to
be a Linux component as promised!"

Why the hell buy the game if the Linux version isn't even out yet? To
hang the cloth map up on your wall and memorize the instruction
manual?

sigh.. :-) I don't mind pairing up with the Dark Side if I get to play
NWN. :) Especially now!

-sudog