Subject: Re: HancomOffice running great on NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/21/2002 12:48:44
On 21.06.02, 00:25:56, David Ferlier wrote:
> A friend had a cd with HancomOffice on it : it is a linux binary version of an office suite developped by Hancom. This binary didn't even run on his poor Mandrake 8.1 ...
>
> So i tested it on my current box, and all the components of the suite (Presenter, Word, Painter, Sheet) work out of the box.
>
> If you want to test it, go at www.hancom.com. It could be a great port to add into our pkgsrc tree (openoffice is 3 times longer to load on my box)

I'm not sure how useful a pkg for a 30-day trial version would be ...

And I'm also not very friendly to companies, whose web presence start
out with a page like this:

  <script>location.replace('./index.html');</script>

Most of the rest of the page seems to work fine without JavaScript, so
what on earth made them add this start page?

I only get a "White Screen of Death".

Then, of course, the download buttons also call some JavaScript
scripts to start the download. Will they ever learn?

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD:  No Windows or Gates, but lots of doors, portals and tunnels.
		-- Greywolf