Subject: Re: Use of `pkg_chk`
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/06/2002 14:00:03
On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 07:42:04AM -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> > [...]
> >Any suggestions for a better way to do this in the future will be
> >greatly appreciated :-)
> >

> Something I tried -- but failed at -- was to look at the package
> database and -- given a starting point -- to build a dependency tree so
> that I'd know what order in which to buind things.  But I couldn't
> figure out where the dependency information for compilation was stored,
> and I didn't have time to pursue it.

*cough* I tried and succeeded. Still there's a problem in my patch
left, I think I located it recently, and will fix it soon so hopefully
abs can include it *wink*. My pkg_chk also keeps backups of working
versions (via pkg_tarup, before updating the sources, that's one step),
so when something fails you can simply pkg_add. It has some other goodies,
too, but as I said, still partially broken.

-Martin