Subject: NIC recommendations
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/05/2002 16:44:44
At our user group, we're running a 10Base2 LAN, with a P166 box as file, boot
and web server. There's also a Linux user group on the LAN, with a GHz+ Intel
(AMD) box. They're complaining that much of their CPU power goes to squeezing
packets into their cheap NE2000 clone, so I thought I'd lend them a real NIC.
What I've got to share is either a 3C590 (EtherLink III PCI) or a 3C900
(EtherLink XL PCI). Or they could have the DE450 that's sitting in our server
right now. I just don't want to give them the best card. ;-)
So, which card is the fastest/best? I suppose this would be a battle between
the DE450 and the 3C900.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Amiga 4000/040 25MHz/64MB/20GB RetinaBLTZ3/VLab/FastlaneZ3/Ariadne/Toccata